Report and Disclosure
Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund Reporting Emergency Financial Aid Grants to Students – Yeshiva Toras Chaim of New Jersey OPEID Number 04131100 Thirty Day Report and Disclosure August 13, 2020.
Yeshiva Toras Chaim of New Jersey acknowledges it signed and returned to the U.S. Department of Education the Certification and Agreement and certifies that Yeshiva Toras Chaim has allocated 50% of the funds received under section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act to provide Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students.
- The total amount of funds Yeshiva TorasChaim received from the U.S. Department of Education for distribution to students is $173,876.
- The total amount of Emergency Financial Aid Grants distributed to students under section 18004(a)(1)of the CARES Act as of August 13, 2020, is $87,360.00.
- The estimated total number of students atYeshiva Toras Chaim eligible to participate in programs under section 484 in Title IV of the Higher Education Act of 1965 and thus eligible to receive Emergency Financial Aid Grants under section 18004(a)(1) of the Cares Act is 170.
- The total number of students who received an Emergency Financial Aid Grant under section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act as of August 1, 2020 is 83.
- The methods used to determine which and how many students receive Emergency Financial Aid Grants are as follows –
- A currently enrolled undergraduate or graduate student for term of disbursement
- Eligible for funding under a Title IV of the Higher Education Act of 1965
- Maximum total award per student is $3500
- Awards are prioritized based on student type and individual as explained below:
- Student Type Prioritization Hierarchy
- Pell eligible undergraduate student
- Loss of a close relative due to the pandemic
- Need Type Prioritization Hierarchy
- Educational Technology;
- Health Care;
- Child Care;
- Other (books, transportation, etc.)
- The instructions, directions,or guidance provided by Yeshiva Toras Chaim to all students concerning the Emergency Financial Aid Grants were sent via USPS along with the funds.
- The grant appears with the following name CARES Award.
- The grant will be awarded through financial aid and disbursed directly to students viapaper check.
- The grant will be processed through Accounts Payable and will not be applied to or used to offset any charge, debt, tuition, fees, or other balance in a student account, nor will it be encumbered in any manner by Yeshiva Toras Chaim.